| Publications | Order
form | Orders & Returns Policy |
INSTRUCTION TO ADULT LEARNERS, 3rd edition
Jeffrey A. Cantor
Instruction to Adult Learners is an indispensable guide for trainers and
instructors of adults in industry, business, or the professions. The
fundamental skills of effective training, including writing objectives,
planning lessons, motivating learners, and evaluating outcomes, are
presented in clear, straightforward language, Practical examples are
provided throughout to illustrate and clarify concepts. This
results-oriented approach is especially suited for personnel training and
retraining programs. All instructors of adults, from novice to expert,
will find here the information they need to acquire, refresh, or refine
1. The Effective Instructor as a Behavior Model and Change Agent
2. Communication and the Instructor
3. The Adult Learning Process
4. Writing and Using Instructional Objectives
5. Instructional Evaluation and Test Development
6. Lesson Planning for Effective Instruction
7. Methods of Instructional Delivery
8. Internet-Based Instruction: Some Fundamentals
9. Motivation of Adult Learners: Training for Success in Learning
10. Comprehensive Lesson, Course, and Program Evaluation
11. Learning Environments
Paperback, 284 pages
Published in 2008.
$29.50 (Cdn), $24.95 (US)
Jeffrey A. Cantor,
Provost, Pensacola Junior College, Pensacola, Florida.
He has served in that position since August 2005. He is responsible for a
campus serving 20,000 students annually. Previously he was Dean, Extended
Studies and Workforce Education, at Norwalk
Community College, Norwalk, Connecticut.
His previous positions included serving as Director of Technical
Education for the Virginia Community College System, Associate Professor,
Adult, Secondary & Business Education with Lehman
College, City University of New
York, and Director of Training, DDL OMNI Engineering Corp. Cantor holds a
Doctor of Philosophy degree in Educational Leadership from Florida State University.
He has authored several books, including Cooperative Education and Experiential Learning (Wall &
Emerson, Inc.) and Cooperative
Apprenticeships (Technomic Publishing Corp.).
Copyright © 2002-2003 Wall
& Emerson Inc. - All rights reserved.